If you find yourself constantly suffering from back pain, you are not alone. There are millions of people who experience back pain daily, and it affects each person’s quality of life. In fact, back pain is one of the leading causes of job-related disabilities. Many individuals suffer from back pain and do not know where the pain originates from.
To prevent back pain, nothing helps more than having a healthy spine. Additionally, maintaining a healthy spine will help lower the chances of experiencing future back pain. By implementing different lifestyle tactics and practices, your spine can be revived to optimal health.
Here are a few simple tips, provided by Spine Solutions, that you can follow to keep your spine healthy:
- Lift weight properly: It is easy to damage your spine if you do not lift heavy items properly. When lifting heavy weight, you should always stand as close as you can to the object. Use your legs, rather than your back, to lift up the object. You will have to bend your knees, so the item reaches the level of your arms. Also, try to keep your back as straight as possible. If the item is too heavy, get help!
- Stretch daily: Keeping your spine flexible helps maintain normal joint function and extends your range of motion. In addition, stretching daily reduces a chance of injuring your spine.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on your back. Staying active and maintaining a healthy diet will allow you to lose the extra weight that is straining your spine. Exercising is vital when trying to lose weight in order to keep your back strong and durable. In turn, your overall health will improve, and your joints and muscles will be relieved.
- Work smart: If you work from your laptop, phone, or home computer, you should organize your workspace in a way that allows you to always sit up straight. Sitting for long periods of time can put unnecessary stress on your back. Take breaks between work hours, and be sure to sit upright as much as possible. If you are immobile most workdays, choose a desk chair that provides lower back support while keeping your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Pay attention to the signs: If you are feeling constant pain and you cannot relieve it on your own, we suggest seeing a spine specialist. Spinal problems should not be taken lightly. Listen to what your body is telling you, and contact a local spine doctor to explore treatment options that suit your condition.
At Spine Solutions, we will help restore your spine in order to pursue a pain-free lifestyle. We specialize in laser spine surgery, minimally invasive spinal surgery, disc replacement and herniated disc repair. With several South Florida locations, we pride ourselves on taking a patient-first approach that is catered to your individual needs. Contact our team of spine specialists today to make an appointment.